Friday, June 25, 2010

Holiday Hat Love




The best part of uni holidays is the abundance of spare time you have available. All of a sudden the things you wanted to do so much during the semester can finally be acomplished, so long as you are motivated enough to get out of bed.

Last week my bestie Sorcha and I spent the day shopping and took a quick visit to the QLD Art Gallery exhibition, Hats: An Antholody by Stephen Jones. This exhibition was nothing short of AMAZING! He is a genius!

The exhibition is built around a mock up of his millinery work shop, and featured hats made by him and hats that had inspired him. His pieces varied from beautifully crafted hats worn by the queen to extravegant hats constructed with only Barbie doll limbs. I was in awe being only a thin layer of glass away from hats he designed for Alexander McQueen, Marc Jacobs, Prada, Dior, the list is endless! Even more impressive is the list of celebrities that had worn the hats: Sarah Jessica Parker, Jonny Depp, Maddona, the 'My Fair Lady' hat worn by Audrey Hepburn was there and berets worn by Marlene Dietrich! I had died and gone to hat heaven.

You walk into the dark room and just want to photograph everything! I took a few photos on my phone before I was embarressingly told there were no photographs. These were a few of the hats I saw:
I think it's on for another few more days, you must go!



No comments:

Post a Comment